LCD ID Number: L34614 Status: A-Approved
LCD Title: Colonoscopy and Sigmoidoscopy-Diagnostic
Geographic Jurisdiction: Kansas Other Jurisdictions
Original Determination Effective Date:
Original Determination Ending Date:
Revision Effective Date:
Revision End Date:
CMS National Coverage Policy:
Social Security Act (Title XVIII)
- Title XVIII of the Social Security Act (SSA or the Act), Section 1862(a) (1) (A), explains that payment may be allowed only for those services that are considered to be reasonable and necessary for the diagnosis or treatment of illness or injury or to improve the functioning of a malformed body member.
- Title XVIII of the SSA, Section 1833(e), prohibits Medicare payment for any claim which lacks the necessary information to process the claim.
- Title XVIII of the SSA, Section 1862(a)(7), states that Medicare will not cover any services or procedures associated with routine physical checkups.
42 Code of Federal Regulations, 410.32, Diagnostic X-Rays, diagnostic laboratory tests, and other diagnostic tests: Conditions. This section describes regulations that apply to performing these tests.
- Pub 100-02, Medicare Benefit Policy Manual, Chapter 15 Covered Medical and Other Health Services:
- Section 80-Requirements for Diagnostic X-Ray, Diagnostic Laboratory, and Other Diagnostic Tests, Section 280.2 -Colorectal Cancer Screening
- Pub.100-04 Medicare Claims Processing Manual -Chapter 18 Preventive and Screening Services: Section 60 - Colorectal Cancer Screening
CR 10901 Local Coverage Determinations (LCDs) Implementation date January 8, 2019.
Sorry, you need to login or register to view additional sections of this Medicare policy.
All information on this web site is compiled directly from information obtained from the Center
for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and from its Contractors.
CodeMap® has made every reasonable effort to ensure the accuracy of the information contained on
this web site. However, the ultimate responsibility for correct coding and claims submission lies with the
provider of services. CodeMap® makes no representation, warranty, or guarantee that this compilation of Medicare information
is error-free or that the use of this information will result in Medicare coverage and subsequent payment of claims.
Final coverage and payment of claims are subject to many factors exclusively controlled by CMS and its contractors.
No part of this web page or data displayed may be redistibuted or used without the express written consent of Wheaton Partners, LLC.
06/22/2021 05:49:05 22.214.171.124